Sunday 17 July 2011

Try This: 20 x 20 Squats


So today I went in to the gym thinking that my leg workout was getting pretty boring for the past couple of weeks and I have been hitting a plateau.

I was talking to a friend of mine a couple of days ago and he told me to try lowering the weight and trying to do 20 sets of 20 reps for squats. I decided that since this was the first time I was going to try this insane workout, I should just do 15 sets of 15 reps at 135 pounds. This is a good way to really shock your legs if you feel that your leg workouts have been sub-par and your growth has been stagnant.

By the end of my workout my legs were buckling and this is the most tired that I have been after a workout in years. Each week I plan on increasing the weight by 5 pounds and hopefully I can hit my goal of 225 pounds, 20 x 20.

I'll keep you all updated on how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. The blood volume training you are currently doing will definately send you results fast!- Nick

    ReplyDelete